Everyone needs to know a simple remedy for low back pain that can be done at home and does not require huge costs.
Many people suffer from low back pain nowadays. Sometimes we wake up restless and tormented by pain because we slept in an inappropriate position or did not move at all in our sleep. Sometimes this type of pain can appear at the end of the day.
The lumbar region is an important component of the human body, which is often affected by pain in some people. Standing down or standing for hours is a possible cause of its occurrence. Also, diet, emotional state, lack of exercise, inadequate exercise or digestive and intestinal disorders can have a significant impact.
The heat has a very beneficial effect on the lumbar region. This part of the body does not react well to cold, moisture and sedentary lifestyle.
The following remedy is based on hydrotherapy. This practice involves taking advantage of the therapeutic benefits of water at different temperatures. To combat low back pain, it is advisable to use warm water.
- Wet your lumbar region with a stream of warm water, directing it from left to right and back. Gradually increase the water temperature until it becomes hot.
- Perform this process for 3-4 minutes, preferably sitting down.
- It is best for another person to direct the water jet so that you can sit comfortably, for example, on a plastic bench.
- Avoid this treatment if you suffer from sciatica or a herniated disc.
And this simple remedy for low back pain involves using water, but now you will have to alternate temperatures. Applying cold and warm water alternately will improve your blood circulation and relieve inflammation and pain.
The treatment below gives the most return when another person helps you. You will need hot and cold water (but not too cold), plus 2 medium-sized towels or cloths.
- Soak the towel in warm water, squeeze it and apply it on the lumbar region. Ideally, you should lie on your stomach.
- Let the towel stand for 30-60 seconds.
- Repeat the process, this time with cold water.
- Apply each towel separately at least 5 times. End the treatment with a towel soaked in warm water.
- Dry the lumbar region well and keep it covered.
Massage with sesame and arnica oil
This simple remedy for low back pain involves a massage that is ideal for anyone. The lumbar region is one of the few parts of the back that we can touch with our own hands, but it is more practical to ask someone else to massage you.
In order to perform the massage, you need sesame oil, a product that raises the temperature in the targeted region. Mix it with arnica (in the form of oil, cream or gel), an ingredient with anti-inflammatory properties.
- Start with a gentle massage to increase the temperature in the targeted region. Do not apply excessive pressure.
- Then pay attention to both sides of the spine, using vertical movements.
- Pinch the waist to release the accumulated tension. Grab as much skin as you can with your hands and pull it to separate the tissues and increase their flexibility.